Funds to further the global roll-out of Unibio’ protein-from-methane production technology. London & Copenhagen, 4 December 2019 – Unibio International plc has raised additional…05 Dec 2019
Unibio is always looking for competent and dedicated employees. Please feel free to send an unsolicited application to email@example.com
Currently, we have a part-time position available:
Communications director (2 days per week)
Unibio A/S – Greater Copenhagen, Denmark
Do you want to contribute to feeding the world, and do you want to play a vital role in providing sustainably produced protein to meet that end? Put your strong communication skills to good use at Unibio!
Unibio is seeking an experienced communications director/consultant with excellent communication skills and a global outlook. This is an opportunity to work in an international and meaningful working environment in a company providing sustainable solutions to overcome the food challenge of the century and to work in the crossfield between cutting-edge fermentation technology, a premium protein product and respect for the planet’s resources.
Background on Unibio
Unibio A/S is an SME operating in the biotechnology sector with core competencies in fermentation technologies and owning the right to a unique fermentation technology – the U-Loop® technology. This technology enables methane to be converted into a highly concentrated protein product called Uniprotein®.
Unibio’s vision is to decouple protein production from farming and fishing by becoming the leading producer of methane-based protein products to the global nutrition market while supporting environmentally friendly production methods, and its mission is to provide biotechnological innovations to overcome the food challenges faced by the growing global population. Unibio believes that its science-based innovations can provide answers to some of the world’s most pressing challenges and sustain the planet for future generations.
Unibio is operated from its headquarters just east of Roskilde (5 minutes’ walk from Trekroner Station), Denmark, and has an international office in London. Unibio runs its pilot facilities as well as a demonstration-scale production plant in Kalundborg, Denmark.
Unibio is involved in licensing the U-Loop® technology in foreign countries for commercial purposes. The construction of the first full-scale plant has been completed in Russia, and negotiations with important players around the world are ongoing.
The communications opportunities and challenges faced by Unibio reflect the constantly developing global landscape of environment, food security and sustainability. Unibio engages both domestically and internationally with a wide range of internal and external audiences.
Reporting to Unibio’s Group CEO, your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and implementing Unibio’s communications strategy
- Managing and directing Unibio’s internal and external communications together with the CEO
- Creating and overseeing Unibio’s press strategy and editorial strategy
- Driving storytelling by developing consistent, high-quality and compelling content and messaging bringing to life Unibio’s mission and vision for internal and external audiences, conveying its distinctiveness as a leader in the development of technologies aimed at addressing the growing concerns of food security and sustainability, and building an image of Unibio leveraging the excellence of its technology and products
- Strengthening the Unibio brand in line with company mission/vision, strategy and leadership principles, raising public awareness of the work of Unibio and its impact on the world and differentiating it from its peers
- Managing and developing press releases, announcements, newsletters, reports, company presentations, print materials etc.
- Act in an advisory capacity to management, investor relations, marketing employees and vendors with respect to communication strategies and initiatives
- Creating and overseeing a strategic master editorial calendar, driving frequent discussions about Unibio in the media
- Creating opportunities to share important information about initiatives and timely developments with stakeholders
- +5 years of working experience in the communications/PR field or related field
- Experience in executive communications
- Experience working in communications with or for large companies/organizations, preferably including a listed company
- Demonstrated success in the communications field
- BA or MA in communications/PR or journalism (or related field)
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, including editing skills, exceptional storytelling, ability to clearly articulate complex issues and formulate content to a wide variety of audiences
- Ambitious, self-starter, thrives in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment, effectively manages priorities
- Strong executive presence and confidence, willing to take on big challenges, advocate a position, build a business case and influence others
- Experienced in planning, strategic thinking, business savvy, execution excellence, detail-oriented
- High integrity, capable of excellent judgment and in possession of decision-making skills, showing the utmost discretion in the management of confidential corporate information
- Previous experience of leading project teams and working with senior executives in fast-paced, high-pressure, often ambiguous environments
- Experience in external communications and investor relations (IR) from listed companies a major advantage.
We offer a position for two days per week.
We offer a competitive salary based on experience. Your workplace will be in Roskilde.
How to apply
Send your job application/cover letter and CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of “Communications Director”. We hold job interviews on an ongoing basis so please send your application/cover letter and CV as soon as possible and no later than close of business on 20 December 2019. Further inquiries can be directed to CEO Henrik Busch-Larsen, email@example.com. More information about Unibio can be found at www.unibiogroup.com.
We encourage all nationalities and genders to apply for the position. Corporate language is English.
Watch our video that explains how U-Loop technology is used to produce UniProtein
Join our quest for a world without Protein scarcity
Read our latest news articles to find out what's happening at Unibio
Unibio Group is pleased to announce the appointment of Lorenza Porciello as new member of the board of directors. Mrs. Porciello is an experienced business…28 Oct 2019
Funds enable commencement of global roll-out of full-scale protein-from-methane production technology. London & Copenhagen, 28 August 2019 – Unibio International plc has raised USD…28 Aug 2019